Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gtir Motorsport club » General Discusion » Gtir related Discussion » Turbo upgrade

Turbo upgrade

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Turbo upgrade on 10th March 2018, 6:43 pm

rmdpitter

Hi guys. A few suggestions if you could.
I found a crack in my turbo ( stock) so I'll have to replace it. I'm thinking of upgrading to a bigger turbo - something that'll produce between 350 - 370 hp when all is said and done. I'll also be running a stand alone ecu.
Thanks for the feedback.

2 Re: Turbo upgrade on 10th March 2018, 6:52 pm

shroom

Were is the crack most stock turbos will probably have cracks around the wastegate penny and generally it's not going to cause any issues unless it's really big and causing boost leak.

If you want 370bhp a Garrett GT2871r would suffice but I'm sure there are different models which also give good results. To get that bhps you will also need a ECU like Nistune, larger Injectors and a suitable afm such as the z32 not to forget about supporting mods like a suitable clutch etc so it's all quiet a lot of money when the stock turbos can cope with a fair bit already.

3 Re: Turbo upgrade on 11th March 2018, 6:55 am

Mr B

gtir technician
gtir technician
gtx2860rs or gtx2863rs, easy fit and retain the R's nice punchy power characteristics as they ain't laggy turbos .
Like shroom pointing out cost is quite high with all factors upgraded, checked and mapped properly . 320 to 350 pretty easy get with standard ecu as is (if all healthy/working correctly) or simple adjustable fpr and piggyback ecu plus injectors/maf on higher end of those sort of figures, water injection useful too if keeping to top mount layout or in hot climate .

4 Re: Turbo upgrade on 26th March 2018, 2:27 pm

rmdpitter

Going with the Garrett GT2871R 52 trim turbo with GT28R style Compressor Housing W/ ACTUATOR.
Which option would you suggest - Turbine Housing A/R: 64 A/R or 84 A/R ?
Wastegate Actuator Type: GT28R Style WG Actuator or
GT28RS Style WG Actuator ?
Thanks!

5 Re: Turbo upgrade on 26th March 2018, 2:47 pm

astarozna

I believe with 64 A/R you will have boot creep.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum