Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gtir Motorsport club » General Discusion » Gtir related Discussion » RPM crashing approaching junctions...

RPM crashing approaching junctions...

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 RPM crashing approaching junctions... on 3rd May 2018, 7:13 pm

mike74

...now fixed!
So this hapened on my current and last R too. When the PCV valve and pipework was removed and the idle speed adjusted accordingly, every now and again while approaching a junction the revs would drop to about 500rpm then bounce back to 1000rpm.
It got me thinking that the PCV system did more than suck vapour out of the engine while at idle; it was actually part of the idle control system.
If you think about it, when at idle the throttle plates were bypassed by the PCV system and metered air was introduced from the inlet tube via the cam cover. When removed this makes the idle control valve work a bit harder to maintain 1000rpm idle speed.
So what ive now done is make up a vacuum manifold across the old breather ports on the inlet manifold (similar to the mighty mods dump valve setup), connected to a simple check valve and back to the small connection on the inlet tube. The engine can now suck through this "manifold" at idle and when under boost the valve closes to stop boost escaping.
For the past couple of weeks ive been running this the revs havent crashed once and generally seems to be happier at idle. All for the princely sum of £4 for a 6mm one way/check valve!
Only wish id thought of it sooner...
I can post a link to the valve ive got if anyones interested?

Cheers for now Smile

Mike

johnny gtir

Glad it’s steady for you. Yes post pictures and valve mate

Ryaneg6freak

I did something similiar with a 4 port one way Vacuum manifold for a fish tank air supply. They have one way valves built in to prevent water from being sucked back up into the compressor that makes the air bubbles.

mike74

it was one of these that I installed:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6MM-1-4-ONE-WAY-ALUMINIUM-NON-RETURN-CHECK-VALVE-PETROL-DIESEL-OIL-WATER/161572557304?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

5 Re: RPM crashing approaching junctions... on 4th May 2018, 11:35 am

shroom

Any pics of what you did?

6 Re: RPM crashing approaching junctions... on 4th May 2018, 12:09 pm

ducie54

You could have adjusted the throttle stops and achieved the same result. Both ways increase air into the motor.

Idea is to reduce the duty cycle the iscv needs to keep idle.

mike74

I can try and take a couple of pics this weekend if i get a chance mate Very Happy

8 Re: RPM crashing approaching junctions... on 4th May 2018, 10:02 pm

nomad

Admin
Admin
I would like to see the whole breather set up you have Mike I'm a little confused lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum