Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gtir Motorsport club » General Discusion » Gtir related Discussion » Midlands based

Midlands based

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Midlands based on 18th June 2018, 9:05 am

SonaGTIR

Guys.

Who can you guys recommend around the west midlands to carry out the following works properly and at a fair price.

heat wrapping of manifold and turbo elbow.
addressing gear selector issue (replacement of bushes,spring etc)
locating and address oil leak.
address of knocking from rear suspension.

maybe someone that knows there way around the R. mosy of you guys are probs able to carry out this kind of stuff on your own cars but im just not mechanically minded. and lack all correct tools.

any help appreciated

2 Re: Midlands based on 18th June 2018, 11:33 am

Garbs

Hello mate,
I’m also West Midlands (Birmingham), and one of the admins here is opening his own workshop/garage soon in Leicestershire, from where we are it makes perfect sense to go to him.
It’s ‘Gostek’ who’ll be opening up, drop him a p.m on here.

3 Re: Midlands based on 18th June 2018, 2:48 pm

nomad

Admin
Admin
Yeah Michal is opening he's own garage already got he's premises sorted I'm pretty sure he knows he's way around an r by now ???? don't really know any more people as not my neck of the woods not unless your willing to travel down to Bob at Southend way

4 Re: Midlands based on 18th June 2018, 4:56 pm

SonaGTIR

Yeah I know gostek. Met him at a meet. He was supposed to carry some work out but was mega busy. He’s done a few jobs. I’ll drop him a pm

5 Re: Midlands based on 18th June 2018, 6:57 pm

nomad

Admin
Admin
Non of these jobs sound to difficult to be fair and pretty straight forward to most people .... oil leak dependant of course ....

6 Re: Midlands based on 18th June 2018, 7:06 pm

johnny gtir

Sona is one of those office types most of us hate :chop fun tease

Joking aside he kept at the R and it’s had a few treats lately tho so good on him

7 Re: Midlands based on 18th June 2018, 7:48 pm

Gostek

Events Organiser
Events Organiser
Yeah I'm in a process of turning some random unit in to garage lol!
Official opening planed for 1st of July. I don't advertise it here cos I don't want to create any sort of competition if you lot know what I'm on about....

8 Re: Midlands based on 18th June 2018, 10:30 pm

SonaGTIR

Lol Johnny
You need people like me!! (Scarface voice)
Yeah I really wish I had more knowledge on motors but oh well. 12 years on and she still breaths.

9 Re: Midlands based on 22nd June 2018, 3:40 pm

Gaz GTiR

Just out of interest why do you want to heatwrap manifold? I was told its a bad idea by a BMW race technition that built engines for BMW race series cars!

He was explaining that all heatwrap was designed for exhaust systems on stripped race cars so that heat didn't transfer under the car & threw exhaust tunnel into the car making the car a sweatbox for the driver!

He said as heatwrap is designed to keep heat in, by wrapping your manifold etc is just transferring the heat back threw the head, which isn't ideal which when you think about it, it makes sence! People do it for show coz it looks good but it dous more harm than good.

They wrap exhausts around 10inches from manifold/turbo elbow so its dousnt create exess heat towards the head!

Just a heads up Smile

10 Re: Midlands based on 22nd June 2018, 5:59 pm

SonaGTIR

I was told in keeps engine bay temps lower and also that the hotter the air the faster it flows

11 Re: Midlands based on 22nd June 2018, 7:50 pm

Gaz GTiR

Enough cooling for engine bay on a R & maybe im not sure but better flow would be down to ported manifold, uprated elbow & 3 inch exhaust id say...

Im no expert lol but after what that BMW guy explained about it keeping heat in towards the head etc makes sence as its just more excess heat so id preferably avoid it tbh

12 Re: Midlands based on 22nd June 2018, 8:56 pm

SonaGTIR

Fair comment bro. I’m not too sure now. I’ve got the 3 inch elbow.

How many mm have you ported out?

A lot of Big power cars have been wrapped. Need more feedback

13 Re: Midlands based on 22nd June 2018, 11:08 pm

Gaz GTiR

If you look at a lot of race cars or highly tuned time attack cars none of them are wrapped, there cryo treated as that dispursess the heat in a dbetter way but think that's quite expensive... If not getting it cryo treated then id prob just leave it how it is, But personal prefferance I suppose

14 Re: Midlands based on 23rd June 2018, 9:36 am

SonaGTIR

Cryo more for Gear Boxes and Running Gear.

Manifold maybe, but it would be done so that the Manifold doors not crack at the seams under extreme temperature.

It does not increase the flow of the manifold or keep it cooler in any way.

15 Re: Midlands based on 23rd June 2018, 9:37 am

SonaGTIR

Again this is just info I’ve picked up. I could be wrong

16 Re: Midlands based on 23rd June 2018, 2:29 pm

astarozna

Side note, how many highly tuned track cars/time attack cars sit in a traffic. If there's a constant movement no point wrapping it. Wrapping a many or downpipe helps it keeping localised.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum