Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.


You are not connected. Please login or register

Gtir Motorsport club » General Discusion » Gtir related Discussion » RB for sale on the bay

RB for sale on the bay

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 RB for sale on the bay on 27th June 2018, 10:30 am

mike74

avatar
looks nice and that number plate looks familiar too; sure I've seen it somewhere before.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nissan-pulsar-gtir-rb-model-1-50-Very-rare/142843360243?hash=item214220b3f3:g:vBgAAOSwq4lbBrEF

2 Re: RB for sale on the bay on 27th June 2018, 7:44 pm

Gostek

avatar
Events Organiser
Events Organiser
Alan Crighton he lives in Dundee.


_________________

3 Re: RB for sale on the bay on 27th June 2018, 7:54 pm

nomad

avatar
Admin
Admin
Looks quite nice guess not hugely overpriced considering it's a rb


_________________
"Official post whore" and all round superhero....

4 Re: RB for sale on the bay on 27th June 2018, 8:09 pm

Gostek

avatar
Events Organiser
Events Organiser
It was for 13k but because of Facebook specialists moaning about how he finished rear arches etc he dropped the price down ans apparently he has to move from his unit...


_________________

5 Re: RB for sale on the bay on 28th June 2018, 1:40 am

gtir_woody

avatar
moderator
moderator
Pictures are a little hard to see, but looks damn clean

6 Re: RB for sale on the bay on 28th June 2018, 8:09 am

mike74

avatar
Yeah looks like a nice clean example. What did he allegedly do 'wrong' to the rear arches like?
There's no pictures of them unfortunately...

7 Re: RB for sale on the bay on 28th June 2018, 8:15 am

Gostek

avatar
Events Organiser
Events Organiser


_________________

8 Re: RB for sale on the bay on 28th June 2018, 8:21 am

Gostek

avatar
Events Organiser
Events Organiser
He spent loads of time on it etc. What I don't get is people... Everybody is raving that Pulsars are too cheap etc, yet when somebody is trying to sell restored "rare" one they tore him a new one.


_________________

9 Re: RB for sale on the bay on 28th June 2018, 8:23 am

gtir_woody

avatar
moderator
moderator
People like to complain and be negative lol

10 Re: RB for sale on the bay on 28th June 2018, 8:28 am

mike74

avatar
Its still kinda hard to see what he's done there. Did he not put on the rear arch trim?

I agree though, some folk out there really need to STFU about things they know nothing about.

I like the car and I'm sure he'll get strong money for it, especially looking so clean underneath which is much more important than some minor cosmetic 'glitch'

11 Re: RB for sale on the bay on 28th June 2018, 8:43 am

Ryaneg6freak

avatar
@mike74 wrote:Yeah looks like a nice clean example. What did he allegedly do 'wrong' to the rear arches like?
There's no pictures of them unfortunately...

That in and of itself is the issue. No underneath pictures of the arch area to show the quality of the work done, and what's up with the side trim not extending all the way to the wheel arch? That's super weird.

That being said, none of this would turn me off to it, I've repaired far worse than anything this car could throw at me.

12 Re: RB for sale on the bay on 28th June 2018, 9:02 am

Gostek

avatar
Events Organiser
Events Organiser
@Ryaneg6freak wrote:and what's up with the side trim not extending all the way to the wheel arch

This


_________________

13 Re: RB for sale on the bay on 28th June 2018, 9:17 am

gtir_woody

avatar
moderator
moderator
@Ryaneg6freak wrote:
@mike74 wrote:Yeah looks like a nice clean example. What did he allegedly do 'wrong' to the rear arches like?
There's no pictures of them unfortunately...

That in and of itself is the issue. No underneath pictures of the arch area to show the quality of the work done, and what's up with the side trim not extending all the way to the wheel arch? That's super weird.

That being said, none of this would turn me off to it, I've repaired far worse than anything this car could throw at me.

In saying that when you sell a car, do most people post photos of the inside arches? not generally

14 Re: RB for sale on the bay on 28th June 2018, 9:18 am

Gostek

avatar
Events Organiser
Events Organiser
He was posting pictures of resto he done on Facebook


_________________

15 Re: RB for sale on the bay on 28th June 2018, 9:24 am

gtir_woody

avatar
moderator
moderator
Ohh my bad Smile

16 Re: RB for sale on the bay on 28th June 2018, 9:33 am

johnny gtir

avatar
moderator
moderator
I hate selling stuff and my adverts are shit as I don’t care if stuff sells as I know it’s good and would not try and misslead people.

A car advert R or not in my opinion picture wise It should be couple interior pictures a engine bay picture. Couple of side front and rear. A close up of anything like scabby arch or big rip in seat etc that matches the description. Anything after that should be private between seller and buyer and anyone who is not willing to travel to look regardless of distance. Don’t ask or comment on faults

17 Re: RB for sale on the bay on 28th June 2018, 10:04 am

mike74

avatar
Ah right I see now. If that's all that was wrong with the car then its still a good buy for someone. Looks like its had a lot of work done regardless of that one issue Smile

18 Re: RB for sale on the bay on 28th June 2018, 11:16 am

Mr B

avatar
gtir technician
gtir technician
Looks likely the arch repair panel cut in wrong on front as tyre gap looks small that side .
In real world not that many Rs worth 10K let alone 13 . Only way get idea of real value is seeing it in person as pictures regardless of resolution never show things same as the eyes see .
Give it another 4 to 8yrs and prices rise mainly due shortage of decent enough usable examples but as buyer base so small prices never going be super silly in next decade .
Do like finish of all suspension parts/bolts, I would have clean my sockets and wrenches before touching a bolt on that lol .

19 Re: RB for sale on the bay on 28th June 2018, 11:29 am

Ryaneg6freak

avatar
@gtir_woody wrote:
@Ryaneg6freak wrote:
@mike74 wrote:Yeah looks like a nice clean example. What did he allegedly do 'wrong' to the rear arches like?
There's no pictures of them unfortunately...

That in and of itself is the issue. No underneath pictures of the arch area to show the quality of the work done, and what's up with the side trim not extending all the way to the wheel arch? That's super weird.

That being said, none of this would turn me off to it, I've repaired far worse than anything this car could throw at me.

In saying that when you sell a car, do most people post photos of the inside arches? not generally

Not usually, but on this car, you darn well better if you want top dollar. We all know where they rust and how. I can't tell you how many Pulsars I've seen that looked pristine on the outside, but had holes as big as golf balls in the inner turrets.

20 Re: RB for sale on the bay on 29th June 2018, 8:14 am

typeritr

avatar
I don't think I will ever advertise anything on facebook again. I did once or twice and the amount of shit talkers with no intention of buying the item is stupid. All they want to do is make the thing cheaper, for someone else to buy, by the looks of it. Comments like "Rust is worth more than gold etc..." Joke was on them though, I sold it for more on eBay than I had it advertised on facebook for Razz  

That RB looks good in my opinion.
How many Pulsars are for sale with un-rusted original arches?
I would guess 85% of pulsars have had some work done on the arches.
Are they complaining about the pulsar costing too much for a car with replaced arches?  
Or are people complaining about the quality of the repair?

21 Re: RB for sale on the bay on 29th June 2018, 8:50 am

Ryaneg6freak

avatar
Probably both lol.

22 Re: RB for sale on the bay on 29th June 2018, 9:01 am

johnny gtir

avatar
moderator
moderator
End of day a buyer should do research and ask general questions of common areas/problems then go and look or take someone who knows about cars.

The pulsar community has always been like it. Some great members who will help each other out at cost to them self’s nine out of ten times. Then the other side like you say pick faults and slate things on a for sale thread all to Benifit themselfs or profit them self’s . If I had a genuine reason to doubt a car you would message the seller and make sure they were aware of it and then it’s up to them to be honest and the buyer as I say to know what to look for.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum