Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gtir Motorsport club » Gallery » Projects » Gtir winter green project AUS

Gtir winter green project AUS

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

51 Re: Gtir winter green project AUS on 4th September 2018, 12:25 pm

steven_c

52 Re: Gtir winter green project AUS on 4th September 2018, 10:04 pm

nomad

Admin
Admin
I'm no expert but think your missing .... a diff rear subframe calipers and wheels Laughing .... do you just buy the bride material and do it yourself ?

53 Re: Gtir winter green project AUS on 5th September 2018, 3:30 am

steven_c

Yeh I bought the material and then sent it all off to get fitted professionally. Pretty happy with the outcome.

Rear sub frame and diff and out and getting over seen then prepped and painted then all new poly bushes.. calipers are all there need to buy disc and pads..after all the back end is built then it will be engine and gearbox strip rebuild time..

54 Re: Gtir winter green project AUS on 5th September 2018, 7:01 am

gtir_woody

Looking good mate.

55 Re: Gtir winter green project AUS on 2nd October 2018, 9:41 am

steven_c

Not a lot been happening in build progress more ordering and waiting on parts..
heading back to the Uk in November so I’ve started collecting parts there to be brought back save on postage and tax.. ????????.

New set of trail rims picked up not sure if they are going to be the final wheels but they will do for now.
tyres will be getting changed to 205/40/17.

56 Re: Gtir winter green project AUS on 2nd October 2018, 10:53 am

mike74

I used to run that size of wheel & tyre on my R...its now back onto 195/50/15 as the 17's gave a crap ride and handling. Each to their own but you have been warned! Smile
I'm liking the build though, wish I'd kept my winter green R from yester year!

57 Re: Gtir winter green project AUS on 6th October 2018, 5:38 am

steven_c

@mike74 wrote:I used to run that size of wheel & tyre on my R...its now back onto 195/50/15 as the 17's gave a crap ride and handling. Each to their own but you have been warned!  Smile
I'm liking the build though, wish I'd kept my winter green R from yester year!

Like I said before this is going to be a trail as I am trying to get brake coverage.. I am running r33 GTR Front brake disc's.. they most likely will get changed but there are a starting point. not the final wheel design as these were only cheap..

Yeh the winter green are Rare as.. this will not be built or going anywhere quick..

58 Re: Gtir winter green project AUS on 16th October 2018, 7:57 am

steven_c

Managed to get 2x decent half days in on the R.. got the diff all clean and stripped ready for some paint,

removed the full full exhaust system in one.. (this is going to get heat wrapped) was so light.. surprised me. Started wire bushing all the excessive crap off it, had a oil leaking on to it at some point in its life.

Picked all my bolts and nuts I had electro plated, well impressed, when I’ve got another bucket full will be sending for some more to be done.

Front sway bar took back to bare bare metal and re-painted.

Managed to press quite a few suspension arm bushes out.. some are harder than others.. need to get them out then they are getting sandblasting and powered coating along with the sub frame just need to find someone on the GC

59 Re: Gtir winter green project AUS on 16th October 2018, 7:58 am

steven_c

60 Re: Gtir winter green project AUS on 16th October 2018, 11:05 pm

gtir_woody

Nice progress, I’m sure there’s a lot of places down there that will do it, interested to hear what it will cost

61 Re: Gtir winter green project AUS on 17th October 2018, 5:40 am

steven_c

So far i have found someone local to sandblast / dry blast all the parts I am wanting doing for $50, and the little bit of welding on the caster / camber adjusting tabs and a slight patch on the exhaust system for $80 just need someone to do the powder coating..

62 Re: Gtir winter green project AUS on 17th October 2018, 7:24 am

gtir_woody

That sounds cheap for sand blasting, let us know how you get on thumbsup

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum