Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gtir Motorsport club » General Discusion » Gtir related Discussion » Clutches

Clutches

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Clutches on 12th October 2018, 9:18 am

Whytie

What clutch is out there that can handle around 400-450bhp same torque and is not a paddle clutch, one that doesn’t do your tits in driving.

Got a stage 4 competition clutch in, got a stage 2 competition clutch on shelf, not sure what that can take.

What options are out there

2 Re: Clutches on 12th October 2018, 9:33 am

mike74

I've got a stage 2 CC clutch and its pretty heavy to use, especially in traffic. Its never slipped or missed a beat but I'm nowhere near 400bhp unfortunately
Probably not much help for you mate, lol!

3 Re: Clutches on 12th October 2018, 1:12 pm

Mr B

gtir technician
gtir technician
I use a stage 3 CC and takes that torque okay .
stage 4 6puk sprung plate mixed with a lighter clamp rate cover makes versatile clutch .
Lot like the act pucks mixed with sensible clamp rate cover .
cc full face high brass material friction plates not really up to abuse of 450lbft

4 Re: Clutches on 12th October 2018, 2:33 pm

Whytie

Ahh thought as much, guess just need to live with it for now, stage 4 clutch and nismo lsd is annoying in traffic

5 Re: Clutches on 12th October 2018, 5:24 pm

Mr B

gtir technician
gtir technician
yeh plated front diffs are a total cock on a daily commute drive, torsen work real nice for tarmac use .
sprung 6puks not too bad with lighter cover but the segmented full disc type better again for road use .

6 Re: Clutches on 12th October 2018, 8:32 pm

Gostek

Events Organiser
Events Organiser
@mike74 wrote:I've got a stage 2 CC clutch and its pretty heavy to use, especially in traffic. Its never slipped or missed a beat but I'm nowhere near 400bhp unfortunately
Probably not much help for you mate, lol!

Weird I've just put my forged lump in with stage 2 cc and honestly is lighter than my old Nismo....

I think stage 2 was 450 lb/ft 450hp (might be wrong)

7 Re: Clutches on 14th October 2018, 11:17 am

Whytie

That would be sweet of it can handle close to that,

8 Re: Clutches on 14th October 2018, 12:26 pm

Mr B

gtir technician
gtir technician
realistically on a awd and R's potential power delivery it about 350 range to have some reliability/life .
The discontinued Helix HD done little over 400 but needed some care .
Way better off with sprung segmented ceramic and lighter clamp cover over full face and utra heavy covers . I can use segmented ceramic in city traffic not much bother .

9 Re: Clutches on 14th October 2018, 12:28 pm

Whytie

I did use the helix organic with heavy duty cover, that was first clutch I had In it, last about 1000 mile before I started to slip

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum