Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gtir Motorsport club » General Discusion » Gtir related Discussion » Life after a pulsar

Life after a pulsar

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Life after a pulsar on 7th November 2018, 7:43 pm

Irishlad

For anyone who has sold their Pulsars what car did you replace it with?

2 Re: Life after a pulsar on 7th November 2018, 7:53 pm

Stugtir300

There is no other car like the pulsar,it makes me smile every time I drive it,I would sell the wife and kids first.they have been made well aware of that fact to.

3 Re: Life after a pulsar on 7th November 2018, 8:27 pm

mike74

First R i sold i replaced it with a luxury sports barge that is the skyline gtst...wasnt impressed with it tbh. Second R i sold i replaced it with an audi s2 coupe...much better car than the skybarge but parts availability and its general complexity forced me to head back screaming for another R!

4 Re: Life after a pulsar on 7th November 2018, 8:41 pm

gtir_woody

@Stugtir300 wrote:There is no other car like the pulsar,it makes me smile every time I drive it,I would sell the wife and kids first.they have been made well aware of that fact to.
 This made me laugh, good work, gotta have your priorities right Laughing

5 Re: Life after a pulsar on 7th November 2018, 10:14 pm

Mr B

gtir technician
gtir technician
@Stugtir300 wrote:There is no other car like the pulsar,it makes me smile every time I drive it,I would sell the wife and kids first.they have been made well aware of that fact to.
Good man, shame more people in early years not same as been better R reputation and better condition cars .

6 Re: Life after a pulsar on 8th November 2018, 1:18 am

Irishlad

I guess I'm at abit of a crossroads with my own Pulsar. I have thought about selling it in the new year but as many have said here. What the hell would you replace it with. I do love the pulsar but I'm just getting bored of it now. That's always been my issue with cars after 12 months or so I always get fed up and just sell them on. Sure I imported a turbo wagon from japan last year. And had it up for sale 3 months later.

7 Re: Life after a pulsar on 8th November 2018, 8:45 am

mike74

What boost you running it at mate?
If its still near standard then you're missing out as they only really come alive at +1bar boost Twisted Evil

The only thing that would be comparable size & performance IMO would be a scumbaru but you've already been there, lol!
Oh, theres also the mazda 323GTR but they're even rarer and just as much of a ball ache to work on.
I think if I ever were to get rid of mine I'd go for a Nissan 180sx X-type. I used to have an S13 years ago and have always regretted selling it  Sad

8 Re: Life after a pulsar on 8th November 2018, 9:15 am

Irishlad

It wasn't actually a Subaru I imported but a Toyota Caldina GTT. It's basically a GT4 Celica in an Avensis estate body. The pulsar is still at standard boost. I'm just terrified of blowing up the car if i up the boost. I have a brand new electronic boost controller sitting in the boot of my car ready to go in but I'm just so paranoid of blowing it up. I daily the car so if something was to go wrong I'd be in serious bother. I know the 323 Mazdas they are supposed to give serious box trouble cool cars though. I'll have a look out in the coming months and see what happens. As I said I'll keep the Pulsar until into next year anyway as I'm not rushing into anything. The s13s you had are a sweet car. The R32s are really nice too.

9 Re: Life after a pulsar on 8th November 2018, 9:41 am

mike74

Trust me, the difference between standard boost and 1 bar is night and day. You could set the controller to give around 1 bar on high boost and standard boost for daily driving if you were paranoid about melting it or blowing it up.
Obviously recommended to get fuelling checked out on a RR but most folk have done this on essentially stock cars without issue.
You could even try the "1 bar mod" for free and see what you think of it before hooking up the controller  Smile
I do miss my S13 a lot  Sad

10 Re: Life after a pulsar on 8th November 2018, 9:57 am

Cosmic73

I can't think of any life after my Pulsar. Only a slow, sad decline into Ford ownership, ill health then death.
However a 2nd car is acceptable. My 2nd car would be a ZX coupe.

11 Re: Life after a pulsar on 8th November 2018, 10:37 am

Irishlad

I've seen people talking about the 1 bar loop thing before mike. How do you do that? I'd just be curious to see how it goes.

12 Re: Life after a pulsar on 8th November 2018, 11:10 am

mike74

13 Re: Life after a pulsar on 8th November 2018, 12:55 pm

Irishlad

So just T piece those pipes together?

14 Re: Life after a pulsar on 8th November 2018, 2:06 pm

mike74

Connect the two pipes that go into the factory boost controller together (or replace with single piece of tubing) then hold on to your hat Dorothy!  Very Happy

15 Re: Life after a pulsar on 8th November 2018, 4:24 pm

BEBB GTIR

the one star club
the one star club
Nothing compares to the pulsar not even the GTR, the pulsar is loud and proud and doesn't break the bank....

16 Re: Life after a pulsar on 8th November 2018, 9:33 pm

johnny gtir

Should be no reason at all to not have a reliable car at a bar mate

Other thing to massively consider if you sell your R and regret it will you ever get one as reliable or clean for the money ?

17 Re: Life after a pulsar on 8th November 2018, 10:00 pm

Mr B

gtir technician
gtir technician
Main reason people sell them is don't set them up to suit actual driving they do with it or they bought junk to start with .
I driven a lot of jap turbo cars but nothing beats an R for pure punchy power if it set up right .
Bit of money on brakes and suspension and they handle good, I sold my evo 5 for second pulsar and do really like subaru engineering but not biggest impreza junky .
I got a 89 mazda 323 4x4 rally lux B6T, pretty slow compared to a pulsar and more basic 4wd .
skyline overrated, Nissans baby R was one of it's best ...

18 Re: Life after a pulsar Today at 2:50 pm

mike74

Well, did you 1bar it then?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum