Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gtir Motorsport club » General Discusion » New forum members » New guy!

New guy!

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 New guy! on 19th February 2013, 10:14 pm

Rot box revival!

Hi all

Names Dave and I'm from just outside Glasgow. I've been away from the pulsar scene for ages due to having a family and a crap Job!

I parked up my sunroof model pulsar about 3years ago due to failing an MOT because it was rotten! I've always wanted to repair it but panels are extortionate and I ain't got the time. Crying or Very sad

Chance came up to get a clean shell just needing an engine. So here I am. Engine was out the old girl yesterday and into the rot free (ish) she'll tday. Can't wait to turn the key! bounce

I will post some pics tmo.

Ta

2 Re: New guy! on 19th February 2013, 10:21 pm

pulsarmoley

Welcome to the site. Seems to be common that previous owners come back for another R Very Happy

3 Re: New guy! on 19th February 2013, 10:23 pm

johnny gtir

welcome yep get the pics up.Is the old shell heading to screay heaven ?

4 Re: New guy! on 19th February 2013, 10:27 pm

GTI-R US

Management
Management
welcome dave, great username lol

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

5 Re: New guy! on 19th February 2013, 10:29 pm

nomad

Admin
Admin
Welcome to the forum dave .... Very Happy

6 Re: New guy! on 19th February 2013, 10:43 pm

Rot box revival!

Cheers for the welcome guys.

Aye the shells a write off, we'll for me any way! I'll post some pics of her too!

Just hope the engine holds up in the new shell! Might be an excuse for an engine build if it ain't tho! Wink

7 Re: New guy! on 19th February 2013, 10:44 pm

Gaz GTiR

Welcome mate, Im sure it will put a smile on your face once on the road Wink

8 Re: New guy! on 23rd February 2013, 4:38 pm

Rot box revival!

Don't know if this is the place to upload my pics but here goes

9 Re: New guy! on 23rd February 2013, 5:34 pm

nomad

Admin
Admin
No mate use something like photobucket to upload them too then you put link on here and hey presto you have images on here Wink

10 Re: New guy! on 20th December 2013, 11:16 am

Rot box revival!

Its taken me this long to figure out how to upload pics! Hahahahaha

Its just about there, another couple of shifts and its mot time. Had her up and down the street a few times. Neighbours aint happy but I am!!!! Soooooooo good tae hav her back! Hahahaha

http://s880.photobucket.com/user/Davyboy120/library/

Spec so far.
Hks cams
Acl race bearings
Rebuilt turbo
Manual boost controller ( not cheap e-bay bleed valve dung! )
HKS super AFR
Mongoose full stainless system with de-cat pipe

Anyone remember this reg L78 ENP? I bought the original car off a car dealer in Wigan and got a massive folder of history.

Last edited by Rot box revival! on 20th December 2013, 11:34 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot to mention!)

11 Re: New guy! on 20th December 2013, 12:08 pm

GTI-R US

Management
Management
yep I can see why you used that username now lol
theres some welding needed to sort that one out.

what you up to so far have you started on the bodywork yet?

12 Re: New guy! on 20th December 2013, 12:19 pm

Rot box revival!

No chance! That shell is beyond repair mate. Wen i was jackin it up to take the engine out the chassis legs disappeared inside the car! I'm goin to be removin the subframes etc from the scrap shell and gettin them powder coated and re bushed. After seein pulsar patricks build i've had a wee kick in the stones! Hahahaha

The last few photos are of the clean shell. I use the term clean loosely! Bodywork aint the best lookin but tbh i'm not big on show cars just love drivin the thing!

Do you know much about these HKS super AFR's Bob? Are they worth the hassle or am i better using something else?

13 Re: New guy! on 20th December 2013, 12:26 pm

GTI-R US

Management
Management
ah right I see

hks super afr's............stick it on ebay and get what you can for it as there just a useless little piggyback unit which tricks the afm readings to ecu, all old skool rubbish now, plus you need a wideband to monitor the afr's or you wont have a clue what the fuelling is doing  Wink 

your far better off either getting a pre-chipped ecu or going for a remap with either nistune or other type of standalone ecu.
especially as you've just rebuilt your engine up, aint worth risking it fella

14 Re: New guy! on 20th December 2013, 12:49 pm

Rot box revival!

Rojur that mate. I haven't rebuilt the engine yet. Its in the car and it runs sweet, for the minute anyway! Wideband is on the santa list, thats if theres any room left in his sleigh once my kids presents are in!

Is there anything on the market that allows you to view the afr as part of the management process? So rather than buying wideband AND standalone could i just buy a standalone that allows you AFR to be displayed?

Hope this makes sense and sorry if this has been covered to death kinda new to all this management carry on! Hahaha

15 Re: New guy! on 20th December 2013, 6:24 pm

Indy

Welcome to the r-side

16 Re: New guy! on 20th December 2013, 6:37 pm

vmax85

welcome aboard Very Happy

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum