Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.


You are not connected. Please login or register

Gtir Motorsport club » General Discusion » Gtir related Discussion » Best Classic Insurance Provider??

Best Classic Insurance Provider??

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26Insurance - Best Classic Insurance Provider?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Classic Insurance Provider?? 27th August 2013, 10:11 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin
It does get annoying ....they normally ring while im working so i used to short list it ...with right before we go any further  1 do you do imports .2. mods .  suprising how many i got passed onto from the broker that didnt ..... why do you think scoobys are so high on insurance though compared to pulsars that are couple of groups higher .

27Insurance - Best Classic Insurance Provider?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Classic Insurance Provider?? 27th August 2013, 10:19 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR
@nomad wrote: why do you think scoobys are so high on insurance though compared to pulsars that are couple of groups higher .
Because there like citreon saxo's..... Every other next door neighbour own's one Laughing 

28Insurance - Best Classic Insurance Provider?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Classic Insurance Provider?? 27th August 2013, 10:40 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin
Lol i dont think there is a shortage of spares Laughing

29Insurance - Best Classic Insurance Provider?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Classic Insurance Provider?? 28th August 2013, 9:22 am

Welling_AL

Welling_AL
I often have to scratch my head when it comes to insurance quotes - it seems we have all used or tried to use the same few companies (for classic policies) in the past and all have different experiences.

Supposedly quotes differ for postcode location, where the car is parked, driver age etc but feedback suggests modifications are often declined – I don’t understand why !

Im currently insured with Footman James via a local broker called Flint.
I paid just over 200 sheets fully comp - with all mods declared.
People have said they don’t insure mods so i called up to check - id filled out a declaration form and submitted it and they acknowledged the mods and said they were covered.
Strange when other people call up and they refuse outright due to the vehicle being modified.

I won’t complain but it is strange how its one rule for one and different for others

30Insurance - Best Classic Insurance Provider?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Classic Insurance Provider?? 28th August 2013, 10:37 am

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin
I think it helps with age and manners.
When I phone the last one the lady asked what car it was for and when I said Subaru impreza she said no we don't generally insure them.
When I replied sounding disappointed and said ok thank you for your time anyway,,, she said just a minute sir, how old are you? When I said 40, she said I'm sure I can do something for you.

The one company that said I had to have at least 12 months experiance driving a Subaru was a joke, I told them I had had pulsar gtirs for the last 8 years and they were a higher insu group and she said no sorry you have to have it with a Subaru WTF!!!

I'm insured now any ways so fuck the rest of them Laughing

http://www.j10-meets.co.uk

31Insurance - Best Classic Insurance Provider?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Classic Insurance Provider?? 28th August 2013, 11:13 am

Digitalfaze

Digitalfaze
web admin
web admin
@Stu wrote:I think it helps with age and manners.
When I phone the last one the lady asked what car it was for and when I said Subaru impreza she said no we don't generally insure them.
When I replied sounding disappointed and said ok thank you for your time anyway,,, she said just a minute sir, how old are you? When I said 40, she said I'm sure I can do something for you.

The one company that said I had to have at least 12 months experiance driving a Subaru was a joke, I told them I had had pulsar gtirs for the last 8 years and they were a higher insu group and she said no sorry you have to have it with a Subaru WTF!!!

I'm insured now any ways so fuck the rest of them Laughing
just out of curiosity why did you get a scooby and not another r?

http://www.avaloncreative.co.uk

32Insurance - Best Classic Insurance Provider?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Classic Insurance Provider?? 28th August 2013, 11:17 am

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin
Because the last one made him go bald Laughing

33Insurance - Best Classic Insurance Provider?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Classic Insurance Provider?? 28th August 2013, 11:19 am

Digitalfaze

Digitalfaze
web admin
web admin
lol good excuse

http://www.avaloncreative.co.uk

34Insurance - Best Classic Insurance Provider?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Classic Insurance Provider?? 28th August 2013, 12:20 pm

Girl racer

Girl racer
@Gaz GTiR wrote:Footman James £210 for the year 3000 miles, Just becarfull tho as ive heard they dont accept modifications anymore?
No they dont as I have tried them and they will not accept any modifications Sad

35Insurance - Best Classic Insurance Provider?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Classic Insurance Provider?? 28th August 2013, 12:59 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR
@Girl racer wrote:
@Gaz GTiR wrote:Footman James £210 for the year 3000 miles, Just becarfull tho as ive heard they dont accept modifications anymore?
No they dont as I have tried them and they will not accept any modifications Sad
Yep they do. Just reinsured mine & they accepted modifications! Suspect 

This is what I mean about insurance companys beig pathetic. 1 rule for 1 & another for another... Rolling Eyes 

36Insurance - Best Classic Insurance Provider?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Classic Insurance Provider?? 28th August 2013, 1:45 pm

Welling_AL

Welling_AL
Ditto Gaz - just posted in this thread this morning - Footman James all mods £200 but i was limited to 1500 miles - which is fine as i do under 1000 most years

37Insurance - Best Classic Insurance Provider?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Classic Insurance Provider?? 28th August 2013, 1:50 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR
Mines £210 & limited to 3000 miles? They make it up as they go along

38Insurance - Best Classic Insurance Provider?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Classic Insurance Provider?? 28th August 2013, 2:02 pm

Digitalfaze

Digitalfaze
web admin
web admin
mines 380 unlimited miles lol but i dont mind as its cheaper than 1600 i was paying flux

http://www.avaloncreative.co.uk

39Insurance - Best Classic Insurance Provider?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Classic Insurance Provider?? 28th August 2013, 4:38 pm

Girl racer

Girl racer
@Gaz GTiR wrote:
@Girl racer wrote:
@Gaz GTiR wrote:Footman James £210 for the year 3000 miles, Just becarfull tho as ive heard they dont accept modifications anymore?
No they dont as I have tried them and they will not accept any modifications Sad
Yep they do. Just reinsured mine & they accepted modifications! Suspect 

This is what I mean about insurance companys beig pathetic. 1 rule for 1 & another for another... Rolling Eyes 
That's strange, I only asked last month :?:Also some companies wont insure unless they are garaged too, mine (when I get one) will be in the back garden access through a garage under a car port but that's not good enough Evil or Very Mad

40Insurance - Best Classic Insurance Provider?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Classic Insurance Provider?? 28th August 2013, 4:49 pm

Girl racer

Girl racer
@Stu wrote:Anyone got a good insurance companie for Subaru imprezas?
All the insurance companies mentioned on this thread can't quote me because its a Subaru impreza wrx or because it isn't garaged Sad
Adrian flux can't classic is because its not 20 years old! Wtf
I'm getting quotes over £2k ffs Sad
I did mention on your thread the other day that Green Light Insurance are really good, I pay £454 with mods declared and that's with a claim of a motor theft!

41Insurance - Best Classic Insurance Provider?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Classic Insurance Provider?? 28th August 2013, 5:26 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin
@Digitalfaze wrote:
@Stu wrote:I think it helps with age and manners.
When I phone the last one the lady asked what car it was for and when I said Subaru impreza she said no we don't generally insure them.
When I replied sounding disappointed and said ok thank you for your time anyway,,, she said just a minute sir, how old are you? When I said 40, she said I'm sure I can do something for you.

The one company that said I had to have at least 12 months experiance driving a Subaru was a joke, I told them I had had pulsar gtirs for the last 8 years and they were a higher insu group and she said no sorry you have to have it with a Subaru WTF!!!

I'm insured now any ways so fuck the rest of them Laughing
just out of curiosity why did you get a scooby and not another r?
I needed a 4 door family car mate. Plus a classic scooby is at the price where pulsars were about 4 years ago so can get them cheap Smile

@Girl racer wrote:
@Stu wrote:Anyone got a good insurance companie for Subaru imprezas?
All the insurance companies mentioned on this thread can't quote me because its a Subaru impreza wrx or because it isn't garaged Sad
Adrian flux can't classic is because its not 20 years old! Wtf
I'm getting quotes over £2k ffs Sad
I did mention on your thread the other day that Green Light Insurance are really good, I pay £454 with mods declared and that's with a claim of a motor theft!
I didn't see that Sad
I will try them next year Smile

http://www.j10-meets.co.uk

42Insurance - Best Classic Insurance Provider?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Classic Insurance Provider?? 28th August 2013, 6:43 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin
And i did say too .....  besides whats the chances of you still having it in a years time stu Razz   you being a car whore and all Laughing

43Insurance - Best Classic Insurance Provider?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Classic Insurance Provider?? 28th August 2013, 8:14 pm

Girl racer

Girl racer
@Stu wrote:
@Digitalfaze wrote:
@Stu wrote:I think it helps with age and manners.
When I phone the last one the lady asked what car it was for and when I said Subaru impreza she said no we don't generally insure them.
When I replied sounding disappointed and said ok thank you for your time anyway,,, she said just a minute sir, how old are you? When I said 40, she said I'm sure I can do something for you.

The one company that said I had to have at least 12 months experiance driving a Subaru was a joke, I told them I had had pulsar gtirs for the last 8 years and they were a higher insu group and she said no sorry you have to have it with a Subaru WTF!!!

I'm insured now any ways so fuck the rest of them Laughing
just out of curiosity why did you get a scooby and not another r?
I needed a 4 door family car mate. Plus a classic scooby is at the price where pulsars were about 4 years ago so can get them cheap Smile

@Girl racer wrote:
@Stu wrote:Anyone got a good insurance companie for Subaru imprezas?
All the insurance companies mentioned on this thread can't quote me because its a Subaru impreza wrx or because it isn't garaged Sad
Adrian flux can't classic is because its not 20 years old! Wtf
I'm getting quotes over £2k ffs Sad
I did mention on your thread the other day that Green Light Insurance are really good, I pay £454 with mods declared and that's with a claim of a motor theft!
I didn't see that Sad
I will try them next year Smile
They are definitely worth a try, they quoted the same price to insure the Pulsar as a daily with mods declared. Do you mind me asking what you paid for your Scooby?

44Insurance - Best Classic Insurance Provider?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Classic Insurance Provider?? 28th August 2013, 8:19 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin
I know Leighton lol I think this is a keeper tho as its the family motor lol

I paid £1000 for it Smile
Was a lucky find tho! My mate had seen it advertised and it started at £1600 then down to £1300 then the seller said jokingly if someone offered £1000 they could have it.
So I did Laughing
He paid £1400 for it 3 months ago, paid £300 for bigger brakes. Then pads all round. Put 12 months mot on it and 6 months tax. So owed him £1900.
I think I got a bargain! Smile

http://www.j10-meets.co.uk

45Insurance - Best Classic Insurance Provider?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Classic Insurance Provider?? 28th August 2013, 8:24 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR
Just a shame you bought it from new mills Stu... Prob a cut & shut Laughing 

46Insurance - Best Classic Insurance Provider?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Classic Insurance Provider?? 28th August 2013, 8:26 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin
Many a true word said in jest mate Laughing

http://www.j10-meets.co.uk

47Insurance - Best Classic Insurance Provider?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Classic Insurance Provider?? 28th August 2013, 8:28 pm

Girl racer

Girl racer
That's a good price Smile Do you know if the cambelt/water pump has been changed as mine was done before I bought it. I paid £1,975 for a standard car, previous owner had it for 10 years, with full service history and receipts, so I think you got a good deal. Are you going to the Rolling Road day?

48Insurance - Best Classic Insurance Provider?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Classic Insurance Provider?? 28th August 2013, 8:43 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin
I don't know about the cambelt but it does look newish.
It's a nice straight car but needs tlc on body, rear arches have started to bubble a bit and a few scuffs.
I will get those sorted tho.
Yes I will be at the rrday Sunday Smile just watching tho lol the scoob will be there so pop over and have a chat Smile

http://www.j10-meets.co.uk

49Insurance - Best Classic Insurance Provider?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Classic Insurance Provider?? 28th August 2013, 9:13 pm

Girl racer

Girl racer
See you on Sunday then, are you not tempted to run the Scooby on the rollers ?Smile

50Insurance - Best Classic Insurance Provider?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Classic Insurance Provider?? 28th August 2013, 9:22 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin
No, I don't know the car well enough yet!
It's what happens on the road that counts not on the rollers lol Wink

http://www.j10-meets.co.uk

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum