Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gtir Motorsport club » Tech room » Help and Advice » carburettor balance

carburettor balance

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1carburettor balance Empty carburettor balance on 16th March 2015, 6:23 pm

hi..out of interest has anyone used a carb balancer before? seen the 4 gauge set you can get but is it important?

2carburettor balance Empty Re: carburettor balance on 16th March 2015, 6:54 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir
I would say yes by the amount of people who have faffed with the screws or balancing them the age they are could help. I dont own any nor have i used them just seen it done on wheeler dealers

3carburettor balance Empty 35 pounds on 16th March 2015, 7:04 pm

seen the 4 gauge balancer for 35 pounds..just wondered if you could do one at a time or if need to set up all then adjust?..just seems once done dont need so its a once use item. think will just buy a set then if anyone wants to use can post around.

4carburettor balance Empty Re: carburettor balance on 16th March 2015, 7:09 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir
Balance in pairs? i could be wrong

5carburettor balance Empty Re: carburettor balance on 16th March 2015, 11:13 pm

gtir_pimp

gtir_pimp
Do you want to adjust the butterflies on the pulsar? If so I'm sure they need doing one at a time and can be time consuming

6carburettor balance Empty Re: carburettor balance on 19th March 2015, 10:03 pm

Thermal

Thermal
I have balance a fair few quad carbs on bikes, best done all four at the same time with four gauges or you will be chasing the balance point across all the carbs as changing one affects another, so you will be checking and rechecking, I presume the same will apply to the Pulsar throttles.

7carburettor balance Empty Re: carburettor balance on 19th March 2015, 10:30 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir
Similar to what i though i thought it would be at least pairs

8carburettor balance Empty Re: carburettor balance on 19th March 2015, 10:57 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management
Don't touch them if they have never been messed around with.

They are a real nightmare to set up properly as they are air bypass screws but the problem is that trying to balance them on 25 year old throttle bodies with worn seals and linkages is very difficult to do as every time you open and close the butterflies the vac readings will change again.
To do them you ideally need 4 gauges because as thermal says you will be continuously chasing the other 3 readings if doing them one by one.

Ino it's best to leave well alone as they are preset from factory, it's only when people mess around with them that further problems start which will affect the way the car idles and performs with excessive fuel consumption, irrational idle, over and under fuelling of individual cylinders which could be very bad if your running any kind of power.

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

Sponsored content