Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gtir Motorsport club » Tech room » Help and Advice » Random squeel from rear

Random squeel from rear

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Random squeel from rear  Empty Random squeel from rear on 20th June 2015, 10:58 am

Keensie

I,ve had this random noise for some time now infact several years and never managed to find out the cause,it sounds like a high pitched squeel only at low speed 10mph from the rear, the calipers have been rebuilt all is good there so could it be wheel bearing?all is perfect at any other speed it's just so random never got worse but if it was wheel bearing noise shouldn't it of failed years ago?.It seems to be coming from the N/S so would a cv joint make this noise or the diff i,m really stumped any ideas that could guide me would be most appreciated.

2Random squeel from rear  Empty Re: Random squeel from rear on 21st June 2015, 2:35 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician
More info, when braking when turning when on gas or off gas, bumps etc ...

3Random squeel from rear  Empty Re: Random squeel from rear on 21st June 2015, 7:11 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir
Dust shied on rear brakes fuel pump wine but you don't hear it after 10 mph due to engine and exhaust noise 

Can not be anything to bad if nothing's failed in this time just turn the radio up lol

4Random squeel from rear  Empty Re: Random squeel from rear on 21st June 2015, 2:12 pm

Keensie

I would say it's more of a rotational squeel doesn't matter if i'm turning or on/off the gas and with the brakes on.I've even pushed the car and heard it but trying to pin point where it comes from is impossible but i have noticed it only happens after a 30min drive so i'm thinking heat transfer from the rear brakes maybe causing something to squeel.

5Random squeel from rear  Empty Re: Random squeel from rear on 21st June 2015, 3:26 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin
I would say if it happens after driving 30mins possibly the brake pads touching the discs ????

6Random squeel from rear  Empty Re: Random squeel from rear on 12th July 2015, 5:18 pm

Keensie

I've removed the hub and the bearing is shot just need to get the new one pressed in and it's sorted.

7Random squeel from rear  Empty Re: Random squeel from rear on 12th July 2015, 9:51 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician
^ persistence paid off in end then ...

8Random squeel from rear  Empty Re: Random squeel from rear on 19th July 2015, 9:37 am

Keensie

If you have ABS and it's stuck in the hub assembly like mine was just disconnect it and remove it with the hub as the bearing can still be pressed in no problem.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum