Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gtir Motorsport club » Tech room » Help and Advice » Anyone recognise this car??

Anyone recognise this car??

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Anyone recognise this car?? Empty Anyone recognise this car?? on 15th January 2016, 6:53 pm

Bandyleg

Bandyleg
Hi Guys,

as you all know I am planning a rebuild of my motor but before I do im wondering if anyone knows anything about it.. I don't mean pulsar in general I mean this car specific.. the guy I bought it off has gone silent and its a dog when its cold so Im trying to figure out why its so rough before I strip it to bits and also trying to figure out what it has on it... I don't want to jump in head first so to speak..

Anyone recognise this car?? 12386513

2Anyone recognise this car?? Empty Re: Anyone recognise this car?? on 15th January 2016, 7:24 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir
Stick some pics up I will tell you what's on it from pictures

3Anyone recognise this car?? Empty Re: Anyone recognise this car?? on 15th January 2016, 7:32 pm

Bandyleg

Bandyleg
What ya want to see dude?? hang on ive got an engine shot... if you can tell me the internals that would be amazeballs piss taker

Anyone recognise this car?? 12511811

In all seriousness though I am desperado to try and figure out what its got so I can start hunting down the shit ass cold start/kangaroo juice at low rpm before I start taking it to bits.

4Anyone recognise this car?? Empty Re: Anyone recognise this car?? on 15th January 2016, 7:40 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin
No earth straps on the plenum?

5Anyone recognise this car?? Empty Re: Anyone recognise this car?? on 15th January 2016, 7:42 pm

Bandyleg

Bandyleg
Say what?? Im new to these cars man English... Laughing

6Anyone recognise this car?? Empty Re: Anyone recognise this car?? on 15th January 2016, 7:42 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin
How long has the car been standing? Stale fuel?

7Anyone recognise this car?? Empty Re: Anyone recognise this car?? on 15th January 2016, 7:43 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin
@Stu wrote:No earth straps on the plenum?

@Bandyleg wrote:Say what?? Im new to these cars man English... Laughing
Theres suposed to be 2 earth straps on the plenum. They are on the loom.

8Anyone recognise this car?? Empty Re: Anyone recognise this car?? on 15th January 2016, 7:47 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin
Anyone recognise this car?? BILD0098

9Anyone recognise this car?? Empty Re: Anyone recognise this car?? on 15th January 2016, 7:53 pm

Bandyleg

Bandyleg
So the two black earth cables fastened to the Plenum.. (Aka space on top of intake manifold) Smile

10Anyone recognise this car?? Empty Re: Anyone recognise this car?? on 15th January 2016, 8:15 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin
Yes. You will see two threads on the plenum. The earth straps on the loom go there with two 10mm bolts.

11Anyone recognise this car?? Empty Re: Anyone recognise this car?? on 15th January 2016, 8:18 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin
I would check the way your vacuum hoses are plumbed in too.
Theres 4 vacuum pipes coming off your turbo?
Try plumbing everything in the factory way.
Heres a link to the diagrams Wink
https://www.gtir-motorsport-club.com/t895-diagrams

12Anyone recognise this car?? Empty Re: Anyone recognise this car?? on 15th January 2016, 8:26 pm

shroom

shroom
I doubt anyone will be able to tell you whats inside her unless they specifically built it. Have you got any receipts?

Best thing you can do is just have a look yourself. You brought it with an engine nock so chances are the previous owner just wanted shot of the thing.

You can see if it has a steel HG by the feel of it down the side and also check down the bore once you remove spark plug to see if the piston has any stamps. The stock from memory has a circle and 54c stamped in the middle? (From memory) cant always see the 54c but the circle should stand out.

However that would probably matter more if the engine was running fine. Best thing you can do is to inspect that and see how far she has gone.

Other than that the only other hidden things are ecu (check that pretty easy its under centre console below CD player slot) the gearbox internals but usually will be stock (say usually as cosmic has a nice suprise and found he has a quaife box)

Turbo can be seen easily along with pretty much everything else so you can get a good idea of what the thing has.

As Stu pointed out there are a number of things which could be causing running issues but as mentioned an engine nock is quite serious

'Shit' think I need to sell my Sunny!

But woman cant replace a sheep
Oh I wish that for the peace!
But I really cant find my honey
The only one I would give my money
Is one with a great big fleece
And then I would be at peace...

13Anyone recognise this car?? Empty Re: Anyone recognise this car?? on 16th January 2016, 4:59 pm

Bandyleg

Bandyleg
I think I may have found half the problem! I'll upload some images later tonight but it now runs a hell of a lot better!!

14Anyone recognise this car?? Empty Re: Anyone recognise this car?? on 16th January 2016, 6:16 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir
Wounder if the stickers on rocker cover mean anything of if some idiot just put them in there

15Anyone recognise this car?? Empty Re: Anyone recognise this car?? on 16th January 2016, 6:30 pm

mc_hawkings24

Sorry not hijacking just as your on the subject of vacuums and running issues. The balancing nipples for the throttle bodies, should it matter if there joined together.
Got a motor with 1&2 bridged then 3&4 bridged.

16Anyone recognise this car?? Empty Re: Anyone recognise this car?? on 16th January 2016, 6:32 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin
@mc_hawkings24 wrote:

Sorry not hijacking just as your on the subject of vacuums and running issues. The balancing nipples for the throttle bodies, should it matter if there joined together.
Got a motor with 1&2 bridged then 3&4 bridged.
I don't think it matters if they are bridged but I woukd guess if they are used for a feed for the bov or turbo vacuum I woukd say it would draw air from the fuel mixture?

17Anyone recognise this car?? Empty Re: Anyone recognise this car?? on 16th January 2016, 7:00 pm

Bandyleg

Bandyleg
Hmm my post seems to have vanished... I posted just before or around the same moment Stu did.. Very odd... I will re upload the pics again..

18Anyone recognise this car?? Empty Re: Anyone recognise this car?? on 16th January 2016, 7:03 pm

mc_hawkings24

Ok thats cool stu was just wondering and keen to see these pics bandyleg

19Anyone recognise this car?? Empty Re: Anyone recognise this car?? on 16th January 2016, 7:05 pm

Bandyleg

Bandyleg
5 Mins whilst I Re-type it out...

20Anyone recognise this car?? Empty Re: Anyone recognise this car?? on 16th January 2016, 7:17 pm

shroom

shroom
We are waiting... lol

'Shit' think I need to sell my Sunny!

But woman cant replace a sheep
Oh I wish that for the peace!
But I really cant find my honey
The only one I would give my money
Is one with a great big fleece
And then I would be at peace...

21Anyone recognise this car?? Empty Re: Anyone recognise this car?? on 16th January 2016, 7:18 pm

Bandyleg

Bandyleg
I think I have found 90% of my issue,
This red pipe had come off the round topeed thing (Actuator I think), I put thi sback on and it seems to be running a whole heap better I can start it from cold and it will hold its own without intervention although it does seem start bogging down after maybe a minute of running.. give it a blip on the right foot and its fine..
Anyone recognise this car?? 12575811

The Plenum.... I found the wires as mentioned and they have been affixed here but I have no bolts to fit so I can resolve this in a few days.

Anyone recognise this car?? 12584211

Then I also found this... I would hazard a guess at an earth wire or sensor.. but couldn't see a spare wire hanging around.

Anyone recognise this car?? 12571412

The turbo is a Garrett but I couldn't see then number, I was working whilst it was snowing so I wasn't getting on the floor and that also explains the whit stuff you see everywhere..

Anyone recognise this car?? 12540312

I also found it had a metal gasket on the exhaust manifold but forget to check the block (Dumbo Smile )
I left it running for about 20 mins or so and then took a cautious drive around the block a couple of times and I have almost no kangaroos now but still not quite right.

This was my gauges after a run and it should have been plenty warmed through.. Do these look about right?? (I know its hard to say)
Anyone recognise this car?? 12528111

This is going to sounds odd but that red pipe that had come off.. would it have caused the knocking sound as now I cant seem to hear it...

22Anyone recognise this car?? Empty Re: Anyone recognise this car?? on 16th January 2016, 7:29 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin
Gauges are sitting at the correct level so all looks fine there.
I havent see someone earth those two earth's off the rocker. There should be one on there already tho.
There isn't a wire that goes on the dizzy that you pointed out.

23Anyone recognise this car?? Empty Re: Anyone recognise this car?? on 16th January 2016, 7:32 pm

Bandyleg

Bandyleg
@Stu wrote:Gauges are sitting at the correct level so all looks fine there.
I havent see someone earth those two earth's off the rocker. There should be one on there already tho.
There isn't a wire that goes on the dizzy that you pointed out.

Their was a 3rd very thin wire under those two.. I took them off to check! Glad the gauges seem to sit ok, I did take a video but the mobile has decided it didn't like it for some reason.

24Anyone recognise this car?? Empty Re: Anyone recognise this car?? on 16th January 2016, 7:32 pm

mc_hawkings24

I wondered what the white stuff was, sod working in the snow, it all looks about normal though

25Anyone recognise this car?? Empty Re: Anyone recognise this car?? on 16th January 2016, 7:36 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir
There is but a lot are removed as not doing much. The other one you pointed out is just spare threaded area on plenum I think. And if that pipes off the car would be unlimited boost

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum