Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gtir Motorsport club » General Discusion » Gtir related Discussion » Unfriendly insurance mods

Unfriendly insurance mods

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Unfriendly insurance mods  Empty Unfriendly insurance mods on 20th March 2016, 8:58 pm

gtirx2

gtirx2
Sorry for what may seem a silly question but I am so out of touch as my car has been off the road for 7 years.

What company's would you guys recommend for a pretty high modded car with things like a cage,seat,swirl pot in boot etc?

I don't want to waste my time as in the past as soon as you say cage they say nope!

Ideally modded classic would be nice!

Footman james maybe...performance direct?

Car will only be around 350-370 when mapped I suspect but has quite a large list of bits.

I am hoping to get on this tommorow if I can.

Sorry if in wrong section!

2Unfriendly insurance mods  Empty Re: Unfriendly insurance mods on 20th March 2016, 9:43 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir
Classic is getting harder even on standard. Been a recent thread on it. Sky is one of the best for full mods

3Unfriendly insurance mods  Empty Re: Unfriendly insurance mods on 20th March 2016, 9:46 pm

gtirx2

gtirx2
Cheers mate seems my list is growing...

What a pain but determined to get the old girl insured ,mot and taxed this week.

4Unfriendly insurance mods  Empty Re: Unfriendly insurance mods on 20th March 2016, 9:47 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

5Unfriendly insurance mods  Empty Re: Unfriendly insurance mods on 20th March 2016, 9:53 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

6Unfriendly insurance mods  Empty Re: Unfriendly insurance mods on 20th March 2016, 9:54 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin
Any mod isnt exactly insurance friendly especially anything that alters bhp like engine mods all that being said it doesnt mean that any wont touch you .... there is a thread on insurance on here and has been covered many times as some people get good prices using one specific company and yet another get a shit price from the very same ...

7Unfriendly insurance mods  Empty Re: Unfriendly insurance mods on 20th March 2016, 10:06 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir
Rollcage is a big no to most as they don't see it as safty they see it as your going on track or your crazy and thinking yours going to crash or put it on its roof

8Unfriendly insurance mods  Empty Re: Unfriendly insurance mods on 20th March 2016, 10:13 pm

gtirx2

gtirx2
Cheers guys Smile
Looks like I am going to have my work cut out...

Cage is a right balls ache it seems but I would like to keep it as it tightens the car up plus I like it and would like to go on the track again.

Plans atm is just a daily driver get it mapped and if it don't let me down just use and abuse it.

If it let's me down like it always has it will be time to let it go in bits and that will be a shame after 14 years.

9Unfriendly insurance mods  Empty Re: Unfriendly insurance mods on 21st March 2016, 11:05 am

gtir_pimp

gtir_pimp
Keith micheals insurance are ace. £500 fully comp and the only things that was standard on my pulsar were the windows! Had a full cage and told them it will be 450 hp when it's tuned, wide arched, Front exit exhaust, etc

10Unfriendly insurance mods  Empty Re: Unfriendly insurance mods on 23rd March 2016, 10:07 am

Bandyleg

Bandyleg
Direct Line insured my Pulsar for less than daily driver seat leon, I already had a policy with them on my main car but its defo worth a try with your current company, I was getting quotes of 1800 quid and they did it for under 500!! I was lucky I had a guy on the other end who knew what he was talking about.
I also have a conviction so they slap on 300 quid just for the fun of it!!

11Unfriendly insurance mods  Empty Re: Unfriendly insurance mods on 28th March 2016, 5:27 am

Supernova

Adrian Flux for me just had renewed quote of £460 on a 5000 mile policy, all mods declared. Give them a shout they've always done me well.

12Unfriendly insurance mods  Empty Re: Unfriendly insurance mods on 28th March 2016, 2:17 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin
Adrian flux have been quite good to me in the past on and off ... but few times come back with triple the price renewals and wouldnt budge so went with sky on the odd occasion ....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum