Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gtir Motorsport club » Tech room » Help and Advice » Sunroof is loose

Sunroof is loose

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Sunroof is loose Empty Sunroof is loose 27th January 2021, 5:16 pm

Skim

Hello,
I don't seem to find a solution in the manual or the forums....

Mx sunroof is loose when it's fully closed and down... I can push it up with my fingers... Tilt and open works normal...it seems like the back is not locking in place... Any suggestions?

2Sunroof is loose Empty Re: Sunroof is loose 27th January 2021, 7:12 pm

BEBB GTIR

BEBB GTIR
the one star club
the one star club
Take headlining out of car, probably loose nuts where it fixes to the roof, if not maybe sliding bar is broke?

3Sunroof is loose Empty Re: Sunroof is loose 27th January 2021, 7:19 pm

Skim

If it's tilted, it's solid... Only when it's closed it moves:/ have no idea where I could search for loose ends... Taking the headliner out seems like a weekend project...any suggestions what I should look after concerning the sunroof when I convince myself on taking the liner out?

Maybe the motor is not calibrated right? Do I have to take out the headliner to calibrate it?

Thanks for the help

4Sunroof is loose Empty Re: Sunroof is loose 27th January 2021, 7:48 pm

BEBB GTIR

BEBB GTIR
the one star club
the one star club
Honestly not a clue about calibrating, but headliner is piss easy job

Pull off A pillar trims, pop off an lift towards you
Unscrew seatbelt at the top drivers and passenger, unscrew 2 bolts from rear quarter glass at the rear, again the large trim pulls off, rear doorcards might need to pop off aswell
Then there a panel above parcel shelf, there's 2 screws hidden behind plastic blanks, unscrew and trim pops off
Then you've got the 3 handles holding the roof lining on, unscrew them off
And then pull the Trim off around the sunroof which olds headlining to sunroof frame
Oh and there's 2 screws in the cabin light, flick the lense off with a a screwdriver

Literally all of the above is 30 minutes or less

5Sunroof is loose Empty Re: Sunroof is loose 27th January 2021, 7:52 pm

BEBB GTIR

BEBB GTIR
the one star club
the one star club
Oh forgot about sun visors and rear mirror unscrew them un screw them aswell

6Sunroof is loose Empty Re: Sunroof is loose 28th January 2021, 7:02 pm

Skim

Oh okay I looked around so if I move it back a hair it's solid if I tilt it just a little bit it's solid... Maybe I try to film it I don't know... The mechanism is not locking when I close it. The arm itself can move...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum